The Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library and Museum in Staunton, Virginia, seeks applicants for a Maintenance Technician. This position is responsible for the general maintenance of the eight historic buildings that comprise the Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library. This is a part time, 12 month position at 25-28 hours per week. The Maintenance Technician reports to the Finance Director/Chief Operating Officer.
• Monitor all building systems on a regular basis, as detailed in the cyclical maintenance document.
• Utilize basic carpentry skills to repair doors, hardware, plaster, and other surfaces
• Schedule and complete preventative maintenance checklists and carry out all associated repairs
• Paint interior surfaces
• Monitor all work that is performed by outside contractors.
• Utilize the maintenance work order program
• Arrange building and room setups for special events
• Communicate effectively with other staff and tenants, both in written and verbal forms
• Maintain a professional courteous manner with all visitors, residents, contractors, and fellow employees.
• Availability for emergency situations at the property, including an on-call rotation.
• Other tasks the Director of Finance/COO deems necessary and appropriate
• Must demonstrate proficiency with most commonly used hand tools and power tools: hammers, screwdrivers, pliers, saws, drill, circular saw, etc.
• Must have a minimum of one year work experience in maintenance and/or construction duties.
• Must be flexible in hours to facilitate the most reasonable maintenance schedule in order to accomplish the job efficiently and promptly as possible.
• Must be physically capable of performing job related tasks such as prolonged standing, lifting heavy items, snow removal, hand scrubbing/scraping of floors, etc. for up to eight hours in a day.
Those interested in applying should send a cover letter and resume, references, by email to the following:
Ms. Robin von Seldeneck
Director of Finance/Chief Operating Officer
Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library and Museum
Post Office Box 24
Staunton, Virginia 24402-0024
No phone calls please. Position open until filled. Anticipated start date May 1, 2013.
The WWPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
(posted April 16, 2013)